Support the Society with Your Membership
Please join or renew membership in the Perinton Historical Society (PHS) and take part in its activities.
The PHS is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Donations may be tax deductible.
Membership Dues and Contributions support:
- Maintenance of the Museum and free access to its extensive collections and research documents
- Acquisition and preservation of historical artifacts, documents and images
- Creation of local history exhibits
- Education - monthly programs featuring interesting speakers, Museum tours and individualized programs for adults and children
- The Historigram – our newsletter containing articles about local history, people and events
- Online current and archival information
- Opportunities for student involvement in local history
- Historic tours of homes, cemeteries and landmarks
- Research assistance (by appointment)
Our membership year runs from September 1 to August 31, and membership levels are listed on the form. Please fill out the form and return it to the Museum. Our dues levels have increased recently for the first time since 1998, necessitated by the increasing costs of our programs and operation and maintenance of the Museum.
Volunteers are always needed to continue and expand our work in the community. We invite you to learn more by visiting the Museum or exploring our website. If you wish to help by serving on one of our committees, please check the appropriate box on the membership form.
To speak to someone directly, please call and leave a message at the Museum at 585-223-3989 or visit during Museum hours. We are closed holiday weekends. Check the Events and the Calendar on the website for the most up-to-date information.
Membership levels are:
- Sr. Single (65 or older)-$15
- Sr. Couple-$20
- Extra contributions welcome
Special Recognition Levels:
- Business - $100
- DeLand $100 - $249
- Potter $250 - $500
- Perrin $500 & above
Donations in memory or honor of a loved one are gratefully accepted. See Donate.
We are very priviliged and grateful to have the support of many individuals and local business.
A Special Recogition contributors list can be found on the Support page.
The success of the Society programs depends on the gift of time and talent. Consider volunteering by serving on a committee, project or the board of trustees.
Please volunteer to help by getting involved in one of these areas:
- Board of Trustees - governing body for the Society
- Finance Committee - budgeting, grant writing, gift shop
- Communications - publicity, writing, graphic design
- Fundraising - Yuletide Traditions, etc.
- Education - helping with adult and children's programs
- Museum Volunteer - 2 hours per month
- Inventory of Museum Holdings
- Property Committee - upkeep of the facility
- Historigram - articles, editing, production, distribution
- Historic Tour Committee - house, cemetery, landmarks (see past Historic Tours)
- Technology Committee - assessment, planning, implementing
- Seasonal projects - parades, Canal Days, Scarecrow Festival
- Other - give us your ideas, special skills or collections
If you have questions and would like to speak with someone directly please call or leave a message at the Museum.
Please make checks payable to the Perinton Historical Society and fill out the Membership Form and mail to:
Perinton Historical Society
18 Perrin Street
Fairport NY 14450
You may also drop off the form and your payment at the Museum.
Thank you for your interest in local history and for your support of the Perinton Historical Society.