DeLand House/Green Lantern Inn
1 East Church Street, Fairport, NY 14450
The Deland family was extremely influential in Fairport’s early economic and social development.
The home of Henry Deland was constructed in 1874. It is the most visible reminder of the status of the DeLand family in Fairport in the late nineteenth century.
The French Chateau* home is the most elaborately designed example of Second Empire architecture in the area. The foundation trim, door, and window casings are made of Medina sandstone; portions of the roof are the mansard style. The most imposing architectural feature is the three-story central tower.
The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was converted to an inn early in the twentieth century. The Green Lantern Inn functioned as a banquet facility for many years, and is a popular fixture in the Fairport community.
The DeLand House was designed by John Rochester Thomas.
For more on the Deland House, downloard the article written by Bill Poray, Perinton Town Historian - A Surprise in the History of Henry DeLand’s Home.