Easy Access, New Look to Historical Society
The Perinton Historical Society (PHS) launched a new website in 2009 and a new look. The goal of the site is to inform and educate the community about local history, and to make it easy to access Society and Fairport Historical Museum information. The site has a new URL address, a new logo, and includes up-to-date information about events and activities.
Location & Organization
The articles and information on the website are much like the original site, launched in 2001, but with the new look and new organization. The articles have been organized into six different areas: About, History, Museum, Events, Support and Contacts, making it quick and easy to find information. Many of the historical articles are also available in PDF format.
New Logo Inspired by Mural
Shown on the pages is a new logo based on an image of the Carl Peter’s mural that graces the lobby of the Museum. Doris Davis-Fritsch, who served on the Board of Trustees, created the logo and new look.
The logo depicts farmers working their farmlands and goods being loaded onto a barge boat. In the background is a rendition of the Pritchard Tavern, built in 1825. The logo was inspired by the Museum mural and symbolizes the history of Perinton from its origin as a farm community to the boom days of Erie Canal commerce.